Thursday, July 5, 2012

BLOGY CAT!

 BLOGY CAT!
You’re just hanging out at home doing whatever you do, or browsing somewhere downtown. You could be asleep dreaming. Walla!!!! A eureka moment, it just comes to you and you say to yourself "what an awesome idea"!
I realize there isn’t a soul that doesn't actually exist who comes up with totally original ideas, after all we each have these brains, and more than likely what we think to be our original "genius discovery", has already been an idea, or better yet a patented product or design somewhere else in this big world we live in! But hey isn’t it nice to know that you’re at least on the "Invention Train"?
Throughout the years, I have had these great marketing ideas and haven’t put a one to use. This particular one stands out in my mind.
Eleven years ago I was in the grocery store looking for taco shells. I had an open bag of nacho cheese Doritos in my cart (yes I am one of those people), and the thought just came to me, wow why doesn’t Doritos make flavored taco shells, wouldn’t that be so cool? They could start with Nacho Cheese, and eventually get all the flavors! My head was spinning with recipe ideas ! I even had one of my daughter in laws with me at the time to attest to this. As I shared my super cool idea with her we both wondered why this hadn’t happened yet. Was there maybe a financial or  FDA rule prohibiting it? As the days went by, we brainstormed on how to market these shells and still use the Doritos Brand flavors. How would we get the money? Maybe we should contact Doritos? Or maybe Taco Bell? I came to the conclusion that they would just steal my super cool idea, after all, I am just one of the "little people" right? So I did nothing. Well It took a while, but lo and behold Doritos and Taco Bell have finally  jumped on the band wagon, a few months I was driving down the street and  there it was, big as day, right on the Taco Bell window ….. Doritos Nacho Cheese taco shells! I think I called everyone in my family with the news! Part of me felt elated as I knew I had been on to something, yet most of me started  regretting the "little people" mentality I  unfortunately have.
I have been recycling old sweaters, and for those of you reading my blog, this is not hot news. From baby beanies to who knows what! In fact, my next blog was going to cover these  adorable dog sweaters I have been creating from sweaters purchased from the thrift stores both old and new! These are just a couple! Aren't the models precious?

 
 

Guess who jumped on the old recycle train and marketed it? You guessed it!  
Simplicity!
 They have a pattern for dog sweaters in their new "Go Green "section?  I guess now I don’t have to post those step by step directions after all, thanks Simplicity! Now granted I haven’t purchased the pattern yet to see just how "simple" it is, so when I do, and if it’s not……well then maybe I will have another blog! In the mean time…… lets all try to put our cool ideas into effect and purchase a piece of that train. What's your cool Idea?
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Best to act on those clever ideas from now on. You've been on to several now. You might as well be getting a piece of the pot for crying out loud. And the sweaters are adorable!!!! I have no cool invention ideas. I do remember when Terry had the pop machine idea though. So must be something running in the family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the visitors from "Another Planet" pop machine! how could we forget, and what about the "Ice Castle" remember that? I am surprised he isn't blogging! Thanks for reading Louise! Ruthy!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Louise you have had some great ideas:) oh remember the "Elderly Jogging Stroller" for the Caregiver????? now that has not been on the market yet! Adorable doggie sweaters:) until next time Tata!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgot about the elderly jogging stroller....must get on that one! Too many to remember!!! Thanks for reading! Ruthy!

      Delete
  3. I think you should just start doing these things, don;t second guess yourself and then get them patented or something! Think of how many things (like Miche Bags) started out with one persons idea, then just grew into all the rage! Just do it!! :) I would help market you and tell everyone about it....you know I would...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, I wonder what prevents me? Thanks for reading! Ruthy!!

      Delete
  4. You are so creative Ruthy and I think your ideas are original. You need an agent to help you get this stuff out on the market. It would be great for you to get an income for your inventions. I've had ideas but they weren't as practical as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you Gene, not only for reading my blog, but for the sweet input. You are right, I need an agent! I have a screen play idea, excellent for a Pixar movie, I have hung on to it for around 6 years and Movie producers haven't used the concept yet! Maybe this will be the one!!! Ruthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your sitting on a gold mine Ruthy!! Get thee an agent!! My idea for a film is about a mentally challenged inventor/scientist, who accidently discovers a cure for hemorrhoids and PMS. He becomes super wealthy and runs for president and actually wins. He solves all of society's problems with his simple minded solutions. But he gets kidnapped by some left wing extremeist, nudist colony in Gnome, Alaska. It's a comedy that would be a perfect vehicle for Jim Carrey. My wife thinks it's a disaster of an idea. I keep trying though! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definately think you should move on that one! And your right Jim Carrey would be perfect maybe even Jack Black! Ruthy!!!

    ReplyDelete