Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DRESS UP A HEAD INSTEAD!


I have a seamstress stand, the ones that you can use to measure for creating and altering dress
 patterns. I do believe I used it twice for that actually. Well, it just stands there hidden in the corner year after year. This year I thought I would drag it out and put a cloak on it, only problem was ..... no head.  I was in Hobby Lobby ( go figure) and there I saw it, a Styrofoam head. My daughter said "grab it and I'll paint a face on it", she will look really awesome"! She's the artist by the way.  Well she got busy, and there it was a few days before Halloween and it never got painted, so my grand daughter and I decided to have a go at it.
It didn't turn out half bad!  So give this one a try sometime for a Halloween decoration! You don't need to be an artist for this one, and in 12 short steps you can have a creepy member in the home!

Gather your Supplies:


A Styrofoam head:
 

Spray paint:


 
 
I used the fleshy yellow first then the shiny gold on top. To be honest,
tan was my first choice but I couldn't get the tip to work, things are made so cheap now days, that paint was only 10 years old......

 
 

 

 
 




Nail Polish ( Red, Pink and White )
We always have those colors in our cabinet right?
 


 


Make up:Rouge, Lip Liner, Pink and White Eye Shadow
Really... just use your own colors



 


 
 

 
 


Fake Eye Lashes and Eye Lash Glue:


 

 Face Art Decos:
 
 I used gold ones but you can use any sparkling ones you can find. They are
usually at Walmart or Walgreens. Get wild with it!

 

Plastic Eyes:
 
 

 you can get these at Hobby Lobby, Walmart, or Michaels. I tried to post cooler looking eyes but I forgot to take a photo first, so this is what the internet brought!

 

A Wig of your choice.
 
Step One:

 Spray paint your Head!


 
 

 

 

 
Step Two:

Add the second coat with the Gold Paint
Don't go heavy with the gold just lightly "Enhance" the face!

 
 

Step Three:


Use your Nail Polish and Paint the cheeks.
You can also out line the cheek first instead of free handing it... I wish I would have.
 


Step Four:

After the nail polish dries, use the eye shadow or cheek powder to blend the cheek color:
 



Step Five:

Get your black craft paint and place it over the lid of both eyes.
A small artist brush, I imagine would work great, I would imagine it because I used my finger.
 



 

 

It should look like the photo below.
If.... you used your finger.
 


 

Step Six:
 
Add some white eye shadow over the top of the black where the brow would be.
Come to think of it... that could have worked as the artist brush. Oh well.
 




Step Seven:

Now place the white nail polish over the top to seal it:
 
 


Step Eight:

Get your red lip liner and draw out the mouth.
If you don't have an 8 year old little girl available... just do it yourself.

 


 
Now it should resemble the photo below.
You can make the mouth as big or small as you like, my grand daughter likes it small as you can see!
I filled it in a little bigger later! Big mouths are my thing.
 


Step Nine

Fill in the mouth area with the lip pencil.
 
 

 


 

 

Now it should resemble the photo below.
She did a pretty good job!
 
 
 


Step Ten

Now put the Red Nail Polish over the lips to seal it.
 

 


 
Now the lips should resemble the photo below.


Step Eleven:

Apply the eye lashes and the Eye Decos  with the eye lash glue.
 
 


Now your face should resemble the photo below.
 
 

Step Twelve:

Hot glue the Plastic Eye Balls on.
After your fingers are blistered , place on the Wig.
 
 
I used medium green eyes, but you can use what ever ones you prefer. I also placed mine out to the sides for a creepier look.
I then smoothed out her features a little and brushed her face with the face powder....and widened her lips shhhh don't tell her.


She should now look like the photo below, well kind of ... you know what I mean.
 
 

 
This is what I did with her!
She was at the top of the spiral staircase, the stairs  the "Little Ones" use?
 Really spooky looking at night... not such a good idea, her legs are metal  so it really hurts to stub your toe!
 

 
So I moved her downstairs next to the window!.
 
 
 
She was super cool looking with her broken neck!
 But that brought back some bad memories.... it isn't cool at all to have a broken neck.
 

So I sent her to the Chiropractor !
Here's a close up! She loves the spider, the two are inseparable now.. I shall store them together.
 
 
 
 
Just think, if you started in January you could have a house full of these creepy things by Halloween....
 But.... who would want that?
 
Oh wait..... I can think of one!
 

Till Next Time.....
Creepy Crafting to you all!

 








2 comments:

  1. Uhhhm, she looks like Jezebel... as Gurm used to say, "kinda gives me the kweeps."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Floyd, that is exactly what she is supposed to do , I thought you would have said she was nerdy or dorky!!!! Ruthy

      Delete