Thursday, September 6, 2012

CAN WE REALLY BELIEVE WHAT WE SEE?


I was browsing through my face book page one afternoon, and an app popped up. See what famous celebrity you look like! I was curious, so I clicked on it, making sure of course that it would not come up on my timeline...after all I wouldn't want  anyone else to know I actually had time for that.  I waited... and finally up popped my profile photo, and there she was.... the beautiful  look alike celebrity "Britney Snow".  I don't know what I was thinking, or where I was imagining they would pull my photo from, obviously it is your profile photo that the app uses... if it wasn't......well that would be just plain creeeeepy wouldn't it? As I gazed at my profile photo, which happens to be my 3 adorable little grandsons, I realized they did a darn good job morphing each of their little male faces, and finding their look alike....well even if it was a woman.

 You know, my oldest brother has been told periodically throughout his life that he resembles the likes of  "Leave It To Beaver".  
 And After browsing through a lot of his photos when he was young, and there are a lot... I am quite convinced he was the "Beaver" double stand in and I can prove it.  I have gone through some archives of the show, and lo and behold here they are:
This is the beaver that you thought you always saw.....



 
 

 
 

But sometimes........there was this little Beaver, you know the stand in...for whenever Beaver would have to sing or play a guitar.... as you look close you will see...... by golly that's my big bro

.
 
 
 
Remember this one? Aww.... little  Beaver isn't too happy about the fishing.....
 

Not my brother.... why  he knew just how to give enough smile to bait the consumers...pardon my pun!
 
 


Beaver had quite a knack for getting into trouble and it showed up all over his face.....
 
 
 
 
 
 

Not my brother, he always stayed cool calm and collected, he didn't care, no matter how many times the director would tell him to look upset.......there it would come.... the smirk.
 
 
 
 

Beaver......upset...and....

Stand in? ..... not so much


Here are some family photos of the cast. Actually Beaver looks pretty happy in this one....
 
 

 

My brother? I think he was looking at the wrong camera!
 
 
.
 

Here's another one..... why.. they all look upset....
 

Not my brother....he got the arm position down, but just couldn't resist that smirk could he. And ....he is looking at the camera ...again.
 
 
 
 What is this? did someone forget their lunch pail?
 

Yep....Beaver did...but does my brother looked concerned ....absolutely not.

How about Beavers cool look when he hung out with his friends on the show, and yes you will have to get the magnifying glass for these.
 

 
My brother didn't care..."cool look" he would ask...."don't think so".


You see.. I was really young when all of this was going on, and even though my family won't admit it. I know it's true, so next time you watch an old re run of the "Leave It To Beaver" show, look real close...... you might just see..... my big brother?

6 comments:

  1. Well Ruthy...You outdid yourself on this one! This just cracked me up!! It's kinda scary how much resemblence there was. They mostly used me as a stand in when the Beav was getting yelled at or looking extra stupid. But the pay was pretty good, as I was fed donuts, ice cream and anything else my heart desired. I was subsequently fired when Jerry Mathers complained about me being more pretty than him and getting more girl attention. It's OK though because I think I aged better than he did in the long run. Thanks Ruthy for doing this...I LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Well I will tell you one thing..your a thousand times funnier too! Glad you liked it! Ruthy

      Delete
  2. OMG I agree with Mike you out did yourself Ruthy:) I never realized how much he looked like Beaver! great job, you must have a "stack" of old pictures:) I enjoyed this alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Carol! Thanks for indulging me! I do have quite a stack, and alot of ideas, just need to make them come to fruition! Ruthy

      Delete
  3. You know all the years I've been hearing this and I never believed it.... Until now!!! From this day forward I vow to never call, Mike, Mike again.... from now on it's Beav - Babe...

    I know he's gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that Floyd! Thanks for reading! Ruthy

      Delete