Sunday, June 24, 2012

THATS WHAT THOSE ARE FOR?

                                          
It’s a Tuesday afternoon, and my daughter and I are running some errands. As we were getting into her car to head home, she says to me, "Lets run into Ross!", so out we go again, and into Ross we went!
It was one of those pleasurable shopping experiences. You know, the kind that happens once in a blue moon where you’re sharing the store with happy people, eager to share their finds, laughing along the way. So needless to say, my daughter and I were made quite visible, chatting with who knows who, sharing stories back and forth, and when it was time to check out, we were certainly not incognito.
As my daughter gets her total, I quickly give a glance at the clock located on the wall, and realize we have over stayed our time limit. Our leisurely shopping spree quickly turned hurried! I didn’t grab her bags out of the cart, opting instead to quickly take the cart and hurry towards the double doors with my daughter beside me, both of us chatting and laughing about a comment she had made to the checker - then suddenly a loud crash startles us both!
We look at each other and at the same time with the exact same expression and tone to our voice say, "Oh my gosh, is that was those poles are for?", speaking of the tall blue pole on the Ross cart that is not so straight and tall now, but instead, ever so slightly bent from the frame of the harsh double doors.
Everyone – even the managers - looked at us quite startled as we nonchalantly shrugged our shoulders while putting the cart back and heading out the door. It wasn’t till we got in her car that we fully realized how ridiculous we must have looked, and laughed till we cried! We had both obviously assumed the pole was designed for some other purpose, other than its actual function, which is a security device designed to not to allow the cart to leave the store.
Once again, that old cliché, assuming makes an ass out of you and me!



7 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! That is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is way to funny I pictured both of you as I read this..Haaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just as funny now...I am reading it and recalling you telling me this. HAHA I can totally picture you two and the expression on both of your faces! How hilarious! Keep the stories and laughter coming!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's important to know that I pissed my pants when this happened.

    ReplyDelete